February 27, 2007

Thoughts Right Now

Well, I got my surgery this month, finally! Wooo! Surprisingly, there were no complications, which is just so not my style. Unless you count the job "hiccup" that happened just before hand. See I got a new job in January thanks to a friend who put in a word for me. It was a sweet job, the work was simple, the people were great and the pay was the cherry on the cake.

The woman who hired me said she'd like to "give me a try" for a few weeks and see how things go. A week later I got my surgery date, which was stupidly enough only another week after that. So essentially what it came down to is that I was going to be at the new job for two weeks and then need a week off for recovery. They knew that this was a possibility when they hired me and it seemed that it wasn't going to be an issue until the end of the second week. On the Friday she decided that I didn't "fit" after all, and she told me I didn't seem to be adjusting well and she thought that the job might just be too stressful for me which is bull as I twiddled my thumbs most of my time because I didn't have enough to do.

Anyway, she let me go, but what still boggles my mind is why she did this the day after she had me fill out all the company paperwork ... that to me is a sign that they were happy with me and ready to keep me on. But whatever, I'm not fretting over it, I just felt bad for my friend as she put in the word for me and then they did this. So I'm back on the job hunt .. wooo! It's not been looking too promising so far as there either haven't been many listings or when they are they require something that I can't provide, like speaking Mandarin ... apparently they need a lot of administrative assistants in Toronto right now that can speak Mandarin.

So I've been killing most of my time playing video games and puzzling on Puzzle Pirates with my pirate mates. It's starting to get to me, as I get antsy when I don't have enough to do with myself during the day. I tend to slip downward on the depression slope a bit, sometimes a lot, but I'm trying to control it. I suppose I could finish cleaning and organizing my apartment ... but I HATE my apartment so why do I want to make it more liveable when I'm squirming to find somewhere else to live?

So what else is going on lately. Hubby is working on a major website project for the Pillow Fight League which is cool, and means that we are going to be getting a new computer this week. It's about freakin time! I so want to toss this one out the window ... well given that I live in a basement that wouldn't do much damage but I think you get the point.

I also managed to FINALLY track down an old friend of mine I've been trying to find for a while now. I'm so excited and I can't wait to get together and see him again. He was in my wedding party and I haven't seen him since, which is just sad.

Well, guess that's it for now. Who knows when I'll be back again, I don't exactly have a good track record but it's fun when I do get here. Maybe next time I'll have another new job ... hopefully one that will stick this time.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home