February 14, 2006

It's Been a Long Time

I have been just a little bit busy ... so much so that I haven't really had much time for much of anything since my last post. However, I have decided it is time to have a celebration. I'm planning a party, a party for me, for many, many reasons.

The last 3 and a half years have not been easy, but they are beginning to let me tuck them away behind me where they belong. I'm coming out of my darkness and remembering what it is like to stand on my own ground again. I am becoming healthy and well again.

I have managed to find and hold a steady full time job again. It's been 3 months now and I think it is safe to say that I'm pretty comfortable there and that I'm not going to succumb to stress and depression again. Especially since have of that time I ended up having to work 7 day weeks, while I was fighting some bizarre physical illness and made it out to the other end with a smile on my face.

I have lost about 40 pounds. Mind you it was not the healthiest way of losing weight, slowly starving myself, however, once I realized the problem, I fixed the issues without regaining the weight I had lost.

I have 3 past birthdays to re-celebrate. I'm 28 years old, and although I will remember my 28th birthday, I have no real memories from the three before. So in one celebration, I will reclaim 25, 26 and 27 and officially claim 28.

I have been able to face my past and come to terms with all that happened, leaving the events in the past in the past.

My depressions have disconnected me from my friends by making me fairly anti-social, and it is time to re-aquatint myself with all those who I have unintentionally pushed away.

I'm sure there are more reasons that I will think of between now and the time I have my Celebration, but I think that is enough for just about anyone. For all my dear friends that I have invited to join me and sent this link to read, there are further explanations of all the above if you keep reading. In the meantime, I can not wait to see you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, my long lost twin! I am in awe of your courage and strength with everything you have faced in your life. You have not only touched my soul, but also given me courage to face my demons as well. You never cease to amaze me! No one deserves a celebration of life, love, and happiness more than you. I am so proud of you! So happy for you!!

I wish I could be there to celebrate with you….and finally hug you! With work, school, and funds I just can’t travel right now. But, please know, Lisa I will be there in spirit at your side celebrating. You are amazing beyond words!

Your sister/ blanket girl,
Sahkiya
(Livy)

2/16/2006 10:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home