October 28, 2005

Winter May Be Coming, But Am I Just Waking Up?

It has been quite some time since my last post, however I have been doing a lot of thinking and work on myself back here. I finally quit my job, which was a great source of stress in my life, not only to myself, but also a slight strain on my marriage. After that, I decided I just needed to get a way for a while, and just step out of my life to better have a look at it. Lucky for me, my parents live only a 2 hour drive away, and that is a very easy thing to do, they are more than welcome to have me when I need a break.

So I spent 3 weeks away from home, away from my husband, away from the house and all the little tiny things that cause me stress every single day, and it felt wonderful. In fact, I became so relaxed that I completely lost the ability to comprehend the passage of time. Hours and days would flip past, and I never knew the date and never worried about the time. If I was up until 3am or slept until 2pm, I didn't care, it didn't matter.

I kept busy while I was gone, I was always doing something, even if it was simply reading a book or as trivial as playing a video game. We even redecorated my brothers room while I was there ... the painting took 5 days to finish and my body was aching beyond belief but it was great! I never stop thinking about my situation though, and I was continuously reflecting on my life and where my next step should take me. I've realized that I think I'm ready to go back to work full time. This is a huge step forward for me, one I've been terrified to take for years. Maybe it won't work, maybe it will, the only way to know is to try, and I'm ready to try.

So job hunting I go, which should be great fun! We'll just have to see where this takes me now. I'm back on uncharted waters, only this time, I'm not letting my fear get the best of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home